The smell of toast...


Yesterday was the first Tea and Toast Church of the year. As I looked around the room there were children colouring in and eating toast and chatting and people of all ages joining in conversations together around tables. It reminded me of community I had known growing up in a small village, which I thought was lost forever. The smell of toast filled the air which somehow had a homely feel.
  
It had been an encouraging week as Tony, a neighbour and regular at Tea and Toast, who is a published author had written a wonderful poem about it and shown it to me. I will share it on here once it is published. Later at "Tea and Toast" I had the pleasure of singing with Kim who is also a regular who took the worship music to a whole new level. She is an incredible singer/songwriter, which is the gift she has been given by God. At the end of the service she surprised me with a song she had written about me which was so emotional to hear. It was really encouraging and made me feel so positive and happy.  Here is a video clip of Kim singing the song.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First steps as a pioneer

Reflections