First steps as a pioneer





I first felt called to Haywood Village soon after it started to be built in 2013 when it was just green fields and a few houses going up. I found it inexplicable why I kept finding myself driving there and walking my dog there. It seemed to have a magnetic pull for me. Eventually I realised that God was calling me there. I gathered a team of people and started Take 5 in September 2016 which is a pop-up community café in Haywood Village Academy, held every Tuesday afternoon for the whole community.

 In April 2017 we launched Tea and Toast Church. It is a low key and family friendly café style Church held once a month. I moved to Haywood Village in July 2018 following God’s orders! I really felt that he provided a house ideal for community events. In September 2018 I started to study at CMS in Oxford as a Pioneer student.  What an awesome place!

 Since moving to Haywood Village I have run Alpha from the house with the team and various events including cooking together with neighbours. On Wednesday 9th January we started a mid-week group from the house which is social as well as including bible study and prayer. The first week there were 6 people there including myself and the second week there were 10. The group decided they would like to call it Rooted as they are rooted in God as well as in their faith and also because they want Haywood Village Church plant to grow. Anyone is welcome to attend. I am excited to see how things develop in my role as Pioneer Minister here at Haywood Village. I want this blog to be a way to track the journey. To find out more visit our website at www.haywoodvillagechurch.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The smell of toast...

Reflections