The Flower pot men


It is funny but every time I drive to Oxford to my college course on a Monday at CMS (Church Mission Society) I say to Christine who I car share with: "There are the flower pot men!" and we know we are nearly there. Actually looking more closely they are made of pipes not flower pots! I love to see them waving merrily on the roadside. Every week I make my way to CMS for my  Pioneer course on Theology Ministry and Mission. It's a long way from Weston; two hours each way and I have to leave home shortly after 7 am and don't get back until about 6.30pm. At least I have someone to chat to on the way though. I'm always so tired on Mondays because we learn so much that our brains ache and then there are all the essays to write.

I love CMS because there are loads of interesting and inspiring people to meet doing all sorts of varied projects all over the country and abroad.  It is a very friendly and welcoming building and noone takes themself too seriously. This week at 10.25 just five minutes before worship was due to start Chistine and I were asked if we could lead it as there was noone scheduledand we had to wing it and do something spontaneous, which was fine as we were among friends.

The best thing about CMS is the people.Everyone on my course has such a story to tell and is so inspiring.I love seeing God at work in their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections

The smell of toast...

First steps as a pioneer